Wednesday, March 9, 2011

INSPIRATION FOR THE WEEK: "...you shall glorify Me."

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me," (Psalm 50:15).


The past few weeks have taught me not to depend on my feelings but to trust in God's word. I have been stretched, tried and tested but there is peace and joy in my heart knowing that God has chosen me in the furnace of affliction.


Sometimes it is easy to tell someone to hold on and have faith in God. The most challenging part is when you have to practice what you preach. That is when you realize that you cannot do it on your own. That is when you realize that at the time when you are weak, the grace of the Lord gives you strength. That is when you realize that   Jesus sustains you through it all. That is when you realize that Him alone will keep your head up when you do not even have the energy to do that.

Something then registered in my heart. So many times when we are in trouble or in need we ask the Lord to rescue us. He is a faithful God and He helps us when we need Him. But really, why do we ask Him to save us when we are in trouble? So that we can have a better life? So that we are commended for our faith in God? So that we can be revered as prayerful children of God? 

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me," (Psalm 50:15).

When you are in trouble it is easy to think of yourself, nobody else but you. When you have no money you always think how you are going to get money. When you have no food you think of where you are going to get food. When you are in pain you think of when the pain will go away. When you are being ridiculed you think of why you have to be subjected to such... then you ask the Lord to come to your rescue. 

When God delivers you from whatever you are going through, is He glorified? Last year I posted an article discussing the fact that when God blesses us or do great things for us it is not for our own good but for His name to be glorified. My dear friend, it is time to take a moment, consider how God is glorified when He takes you through difficult situations. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said you are the light of the world and let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Your faith in God should be witnessed by everyone and see God working in you. The focus should be in giving glory where it is due.

Even though I had come to a point where I felt like I can lock myself in the room but God has kept me going and continues to do His work. It does not matter what you are going through, continue to do what God has sent you to do and His name shall be glorified. "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord," (1 Corinthians 15:58).

No comments:

Post a Comment