Sunday, May 17, 2015

Empowered With Inner Strength

I am sitting here thinking of the Christian journey. In my mind there's someone who has had to endure many difficulties in life but still manages to smile. This person has this inexplicable joy and peace in spite of the many trials.

Questions keep flooding my mind. What is it that keeps one going when quitting would be the easiest and less costly option? How does one truly hopes "this too shall pass" when all logic suggests otherwise? How does one deal with all the negative voices coming from everywhere, whispering discouragement?

We will face challenges now and then. Some may be short term and some may last longer. But through it all we must rejoice in the Lord. We must thank God in all circumstances.

As I am writing this piece Andrae Crouch's song 'Through It All' is impressed in my heart. The last verse goes like this;

I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms
He brought me through
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do...

It takes someone with inner strength to sing these words when things seem to be going from bad to worse. Only God can supply such strength. Only God can give you inner strength to face any trouble with much boldness and joy till the storm passes over. Each challenge is an opportunity to demonstrate God's power. It only takes someone empowered with inner strength to have such a view of life.

This is my prayer for you;

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit." - Ephesians 3:16 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment