Friday, May 14, 2010

The Lord Will Fulfill His Purpose for Me (Psalm 138: 8)

“His Divine Power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness,” (2 Peter 1:3).

What the Lord has commissioned has to be accomplished. Each one of us has a purpose to serve the Lord. God has a purpose for each one of us. He says he knows the good plans he has for us, plans to prosper us. Because he is the faithful God, what he has purposed shall be accomplished.

In Isaiah 55:11 he says, “So is my word that goes out from my mouth, it will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

Once God has spoken, it shall be so. I know God has a purpose for me. He has empowered me to serve that purpose. He has armed me to fight a good fight and serve him as my Lord and Saviour, the only true God.

His divine power has given us everything we need for life. There is nothing that can withstand his divine power. Through his power we have all the resources we need to serve God’s purpose. There is nothing that we cannot do because we have everything we need. As long as we are willing to allow God to fulfill his purpose we shall conquer.

How do we get hold of the resources that we need? It is though the knowledge of Jesus Christ and as Paul stated, there is nothing that surpass the greatness of knowing Jesus Christ. You cannot taste the greatness of knowing Christ if your knowledge is ineffective and unproductive. You cannot accomplish God’s purpose if your knowledge does not bear fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment