Friday, May 14, 2010

In the Presence of the Lord

Nothing is greater than being in the presence of the Lord. I understand David when he says, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?” (Psalm 139:7). The presence of the Lord is an awesome experience.

God searches and knows you very well. He knows what you want to say before you say it. He knows your thoughts and he is with you everywhere you go.

The greatest wonder of being in the presence of the Lord is that we gain the confidence to face anything. In the previous post I mentioned that if we have faith in him he hears our prayers and provides whatever we need. The reason is simple, he knows what you need and all you have to do is to “seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well,” (Matthew 6:33).

When you are in the presence of the Lord there is no need to be worried and afraid. “You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.” (Lamentations 3 :57).

This is the God who said to Moses, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest,” (Exodus 33:14).

This is the God who assured Joshua, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go,” (Joshua 1:9).

This is the God who declared to Jeremiah, “I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you,” (Jeremiah 15:20)

This is the God who encouraged Paul in Corinth, “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city,” (Acts 18: 9-10).

This is the God who said to Daniel, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them,” (Daniel 10:12).

God wants us to go on and do his work, what he has sent us to do without fear because he is always with us. Like the good shepherd he is always taking care of us and there is no need to be worried.

Like Daniel, we need to set our minds towards gaining understanding and humble ourselves before God. “He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way,” (Psalm 25: 9).

As Jesus said, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him,” (John 14:23).

God loved us through Jesus Christ so that we shall have eternal life and nothing will separate us from this love. He will never leave us nor forsake us. What more can we ask for other than the presence of the Lord?

The Almighty says, “I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve,” (Jeremiah 17:10).

We need to keep our hearts pure all the time to better position ourselves for the blessings from the Lord. We need to keep our minds clear so that we are able to focus on what God wants us to do.

Therefore my prayer just like David is, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting,” (Psalm 139:23-24).

No comments:

Post a Comment